Google Cloud (GCP) Penetration Testing
Our Google Cloud Platform (GCP) penetration testing service identifies configuration and other security issues on your Google Cloud infrastructure and provides actionable recommendations to improve your GCP security posture.
Improve GCP Security
Reduce organizational risk and improve Google cloud security
Whether you are migrating to Google Cloud, developing cloud native applications in Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or using Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), GCP penetration testing helps you find security gaps that create security exposure and risk.
During GCP penetration tests, NetSPI identifies vulnerabilities, exposed credentials, and security misconfigurations that allow our expert GCP pentesters to access restricted resources, elevate user privilege, and expose sensitive data on GCP. Our penetration testing service goes beyond configuration review and automated scanning to manually exploit vulnerabilities and misconfigurations to identify actual security gaps.
Deliverables include a GCP penetration testing report with prioritized vulnerabilities, and actionable guidance to help you reduce risk and secure your GCP attack surface.
GCP Pentesting Techniques
Our GCP penetration testing service includes a cloud services configuration review and external and internal penetration testing techniques, such as:
- System and services discovery
- Automated vulnerability scanning
- Manual verification of vulnerabilities
- Manual web application pentesting
- Manual network protocol attacks
- Manual dictionary attacks
- Network pivoting
- Domain privilege escalation
- Access sensitive data and critical systems
What to Know
Scanning internet-facing cloud resources is a high priority, but a complete cloud security assessment that tests the hardness of your GCP infrastructure requires more steps to:
- Discover all internet-facing assets a hacker could find as potential entry points into your cloud account
- Identify attack surfaces exposed by cloud and Active Directory integration
- Identify known and common vulnerabilities on internet-facing assets and web applications
- Identify confidential data exposure on publicly available resources
- Identify less severe vulnerabilities that can be chained together to obtain unauthorized access to other systems, applications, and sensitive data
- Verify findings using manual GCP penetration testing techniques and removing false positives
- Deliver actionable guidance for how to remediate verified vulnerabilities
Do I need to get Google Cloud penetration testing permission?
No. According to Google, if you plan to evaluate the security of your Cloud Platform infrastructure with penetration testing, you are not required to get permission. NetSPI penetration tests do not violate Google’s Cloud Platform Acceptable Use Policy and Terms of Service.
Why do I need to use manual penetration testing processes in addition to multiple toolsets during GCP penetration testing
NetSPI Critical Vulnerability Discoveries Found Through
NetSPI’s External Pentesting Identifies
Powered by Resolve™
GCP penetration testing service engagements are managed and delivered through Resolve, NetSPI’s vulnerability management and orchestration platform. Resolve elevates your vulnerability management and pentesting program.
Cloud Penetration Testing Resources
Cybercriminals probe constantly for common security gaps in cloud computing services, such as GCP. Cloud pentesting can help your organization close cloud security gaps and prevent a data breach. Be proactive and reduce your risk.
Public and non-public cloud breaches seem to happen weekly and the maturity of the information security program doesn’t seem to influence the likelihood of a breach. Read these guidelines to help you get ahead of the cloud security curve.
Watch this on-demand webinar by NetSPI and DisruptOps to learn how to better secure the application layer and cloud infrastructure using automated tools and expert penetration testers to uncover logic flaws and other security soft spots.