It’s important to remember that, given the increasing sophistication of attacks, cybersecurity breaches today are inevitable. Organizations must get proactive about their crisis management policies and procedures. And it’s critical that the plan is communicated and adopted beyond the security and IT teams. After all, cybersecurity is everyone’s business.
Download this tip sheet to for 5 cybersecurity crisis communications best practices to consider, including:
- Ensure you have the right people on your crisis management team.
- Spend time on logistical items now, so that you can focus on remediation later.
- Be the first and primary source of information.
- Alignment with the IT and security teams is vital.
- The breach is mitigated; but your work isn’t done.