How To Build An Effective Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Management Program: A Four-Part Guide
Building an effective penetration testing and vulnerability management program is easier said than done. With people, processes, and technology at the core of your vulnerability management and pentesting programs, you’ll be prepared to better identify and evaluate vulnerabilities and ultimately reduce time to remediation.
Get this whitepaper to learn:
- How to make the business case for proactive cyber security investments, including:
- How to communicate the value of data security to your leadership team
- Penetration testing and cybersecurity statistics and trends you can use
- Three cybersecurity weaknesses to look for and highlight
- How to position white hat penetration testers to your C-suite executives
- What penetration testing vendors do now that is different from in the recent past
- What to look for in a successful penetration tester and penetration testing providers, including:
- How penetration testers can do more with less
- The contributions of innovation, frequency, and consistency
- What is Penetration Testing as a Service (PTaaS)?
- What types of cybersecurity talent make the best penetration testers?
- Four elements of an always-on cybersecurity program, including:
- How to put structure around a continuous penetration testing program
- How and when to make use of human logic, and when to rely on automation and scanners
- Why penetration testing data should be part of a CISO’s daily headlines
- Specific elements of success to get more value from your penetration testing and vulnerability management strategy, including each of these:
- Your penetration testing program plan
- Automated scanning and vulnerability assessment
- Risk-based remediation
- Vulnerability program reporting and improvement