External Network Penetration Testing
Internet-facing assets, sensitive data, cloud, and IoT are at risk of attack. NetSPI’s penetration testing service identifies security gaps, provides actionable guidance for how to improve your network security, and helps meet compliance requirements.
Improve Network Security
NetSPI’s external penetration test reduces organizational risk and improves network security
Companies are constantly facing both opportunistic and targeted attacks against their internet facing assets. Exposed systems and web applications are constantly changing, and the increased adoption of cloud services only expands that attack surface. Our approach includes enumerating those exposures, identifying critical vulnerabilities, and exploiting them using the same tactics, techniques, and procedures used by real-world threat actors who attack your networks every day.
During our external penetration testing service, NetSPI evaluates your network for security vulnerabilities, including patch, configuration and code issues at the network, system and application layers, and provides actionable recommendations for remediation and improving your organization’s network security program.
Why You Need to Use Manual Penetration Testing Processes in Addition to Multiple Toolsets During Penetration Testing
NetSPI Critical Vulnerability Discoveries Found Through
NetSPI’s External Pentesting Identifies
Our External Network Penetration Testing Service
NetSPI tests your internet-facing networks, systems and applications for known vulnerabilities. We follow manual and automated pentesting processes that use commercial, open source, and proprietary software to evaluate your infrastructure from the perspective of an anonymous (non-credentialed) user. Our collaboration during the project ensures that you understand the risks associated with the vulnerabilities and can implement the recommendations.
What to Know
Scanning internet-facing network resources is a high priority, but a complete security assessment of the hardness of your external network requires multiple steps, such as:
- Discovering all Internet-facing assets a hacker could find as potential entry-points into your network
- Identifying additional attack surfaces exposed by cloud and federated services
- Identifying known and common vulnerabilities on Internet-facing systems and web applications
- Identifying confidential data exposure on publicly available resources
- Identifying less severe vulnerabilities that can be used together to obtain unauthorized access to systems, applications, and sensitive data
- Verifying findings using manual penetration testing techniques and removing false positives
- Delivering actionable guidance for how to remediate verified vulnerabilities
Powered by Resolve™
Web application engagements are managed and delivered through Resolve, NetSPI’s vulnerability management and orchestration platform. Resolve elevates your vulnerability management and pentesting program.