Improve Application Security
NetSPI’s mobile application penetration test reduces organizational risk and improves application security
The pressure to quickly get a mobile app to market can lead to weak security and a lack of penetration testing. NetSPI identifies vulnerabilities in your mobile application infrastructure that make your organization susceptible to an external or internal threat.
During our mobile app pentests, NetSPI evaluates client-side and backend server functionality for vulnerabilities, and provides actionable guidance for remediation and improving application risk posture.
What Does NetSPI Test For?
- Insecure data storage
- Client-side injection vulnerabilities
- Data flow issues
- Weak server-side controls
- Poor authentication and authorization
- Side channel data leakage
- Insufficient transport layer protection
- Improper session handling
- Sensitive information disclosure
NetSPI’s Mobile Application Penetration Test
NetSPI tests your mobile application on Android and/or iOS for vulnerabilities. We manually test for security controls in four essential areas: file system, memory, network communications, and graphical user interface (GUI). We test for the OWASP Top 10 and much more.
- Non-credentialed user
- Application client binary
- Application server & web components
- Mobile device, network & server layers
- Automated scanners
- Manual verification
- Credentialed users by type
- Automated & manual processes
- Elevate privileges
- Gain access to restricted functionality
- Manual verification
TERMS TO KNOW
What is the OWASP Mobile Top 10?
In addition to identifying application logic weaknesses, your mobile app pentesting service targets OWASP Mobile Top 10 vulnerabilities.
The OWASP Mobile Top 10 is a list of the most critical security risks to mobile applications, identified by an industry consensus. Adopting the OWASP Mobile Top 10 in your mobile app development and security assessment processes is a strong step in improving mobile application security for your business, your partners, and your customers.
OWASP Mobile Top 10
|M1||Improper Platform Usage|
|M2||Insecure Data Storage|
|M7||Client Code Quality|
Powered by Resolve™
Wireless network engagements are managed and delivered through Resolve, NetSPI’s vulnerability management and orchestration platform.
Resolve elevates your vulnerability management and pentesting program. Here’s how:
Simplified Vulnerability Management
- Manage the lifecycle of vulnerabilities from discovery to remediation – in one single platform.
Increase Pentest ROI
- Resolve’s Workbench cuts the time to complete an engagement by 40 percent.
- Automate key security functions and administrative tasks to focus on finding and remediating the vulnerabilities
that matter most.
Test Continuously or
- Resolve is flexible and can scale up or down to meet the testing requirements of any organization.
Manage Your Entire Attack Surface
- Use Resolve as the foundation for a strong testing program and monitor your evolving attack surface continuously.
Connect With Our Experts
- With each vulnerability, receive details on severity,
business impact, remediation instructions, replication steps, and more.