Join us at HIMSS23!
Join NetSPI and 40K+ health professionals for a week of learning, solutions, connections, and more this April 17-21 in McCormick Place Convention Center Chicago!
HIMSS23 unites thought leaders, disruptors and changemakers representing every sector across the global health information and technology spectrum. Explore how our unique offensive security solutions:
- Penetration Testing as a Service (PTaaS)
- Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS)
- Attack Surface Management (ASM)
Visit us at booth #4309 in Hall A of the Cybersecurity Command Center to chat about your offensive security needs, and while there:
- Demo our innovative tech such as NetSPI’s BAS, ASM, and Resolve™ platforms
- Grab our cool pentesting stories books, download a copy of our Quick Answer Report by Gartner®, and check out other support materials
- Scan your badge to win exclusive giveaways like our limited Hack Responsibly t-shirts and stress balls
- “Don’t Stress, Pentest” Scan your badge to win a Theragun
Penetration Testing: The Forgotten HIPAA Security Requirement
When: Wednesday, April 19
from 1:15-1:35 pm CT
Where: Theater B Cybersecurity Command Center
Presenter: NetSPI Managing Director Chad Peterson
The HIPAA Security rule was written to ensure that a covered entity is doing what is necessary to protect ePHI – yet there is no mention of the term penetration testing anywhere in the requirements.
While pentesting is not explicitly written into the Rule, it remains a critical component of HIPAA compliance. Notably, pentests address the need to map, understand, and close gaps in your HIPAA attack surface that could expose ePHI.
In this session, Chad Peterson, a former healthcare industry security manager, GRC manager, and health information technology auditor, will discuss:
- Where penetration testing fits into the HIPAA Security Rule
- Best practices for mapping your HIPAA attack surface and maintaining a strong asset inventory
- And why the term “HIPAA-compliant penetration test” should be eliminated from our vocabulary
The Secret to an Effective Security Program: Establish Trust – Then Keep It
When: Wednesday, April 19 from 3-4 pm CT
Where: West Building – Level 4, Room W470A
Presenter: Phil Morris, Director, Enterprise Security Risk Governance Team, Altera Health and Chad Peterson, Managing Director, NetSPI
Trust within a business is critical, especially when it comes to building an effective security program. But how do security leaders establish trust and keep it?
Join Altera Digital Health’s Phil Morris and NetSPI’s Chad Peterson as they share lessons learned from careers in healthcare security, providing you with practical steps on how to:
- Build a security champions team across silos
- Create shared goals and responsibilities
- Develop a risk-based security program
Establishing and keeping trust isn’t simple when it comes to security, but it’s not complex. From this presentation, you’ll walk away ready to secure what makes sense, add compensating controls where needed, and understand the roles security versus the business take on when it comes to risk.
April 17-21, 2023
2301 S. Dr. Martin Luther
Chicago, IL 60616
Sign Up for a 1:1 Meeting with Us!
Director, Majors Accounts
Enterprise Account Executive
Commercial Account Executive