The Adoption of Emerging AppSec Technology: A Possible Shift to the Right
November 11, 2020 | 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EST
About This Session
Has your organization considered IAST, RASP, etc. solutions as part of your program, and what has your experience been so far?
Understanding the value provided by different types of vulnerability detection and exploit prevention technologies that are available today is critical to every security organization. This discussion will focus around Interactive Application Security Testing and Real-time Application Self Protection.
- What is IAST, and how does it complement Pentesting, DAST, and SAST?
- What is RASP, and why is it challenging to deploy at scale?
Attend this session to:
- Better understand capabilities of new emerging technologies that detect security vulnerabilities in software
- Better understand the strengths and weaknesses of some of the new techniques
- Learn how organizations are using these techniques at scale
- Review challenges around adding yet another piece of technology to the ecosystem
Travis Hoyt is Head of Cybersecurity Technology at TIAA based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Travis joined TIAA in 2019 after almost 19 years with Bank of America’s Cybersecurity Operations as a global control owner for application security assessments. Primary responsibilities at TIAA include security technology portfolio management and delivery, emerging technology and services evaluation including hybrid cloud and containerization. Travis holds several certifications relating to security and cloud and has a passion for discussing loosely coupled architectures and “serverless” debates.