- Helps companies obtain a more comprehensive understanding of their ability to identify and respond to real world threats and potential breach scenarios.
- Executes variations of common attack workflows across detective control boundaries, while working with internal security teams to identify gaps and misconfigurations.
- Tests company environments with blue team and red team members to build an understanding of their ability to prevent, detect, and respond to real world threats at all layers of the organization.
- Requires more collaboration and is broader in scope than a red team engagement.
- Intended to test for the most common tools, techniques, and procedures used by attackers and malware.
- Tests capabilities of 3rd party service providers.
- Identify known and common configuration, patch, and code-related vulnerabilities at the server and web application layers.
- Help companies determine if identified vulnerabilities can be used to gain unauthorized access to protected networks, systems, application functionality, and sensitive data.
- Identify known and common configuration, patch, and code-related vulnerabilities at the network, server, and web application layers.
Red Team Test
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to an environment using paths of least resistance without detection.
- Maintain that access for a pre-determined period of time in order to test the Incident Response Team’s ability to identify and respond to threats.
- Design projects around client specific objectives to help determine attack exposure.